Wednesday 25 January 2017

Long Time No See! (Post) \(●~▽~●)

Hello everyone! 
It's been 2 years since I last posted and I've honestly missed it so much. Why haven't I been posting you ask? Because I've been busy.. And a little bit lazy. 
So, I'm going to post today about what's been keeping me the last couple years.



So my last post was about Kyary's awesome outfits and costumes. Shortly after this post, I became less involved in Harajuku fashion and more involved in my cosplay - my League of Legends cosplay to be exact!

In particular, my whole year was taken over by my adoration and commitment to cosplay every single skin/costume of Katarina the Sinister Blade. I worked all year on her costumes, I did photo shoots for all of them, 

Default/ New Dawn Katarina, 

 

Mercenary Katarina,

 
Red Card Katarina,

 
 Sandstorm Katarina,




Kitty Cat Katarina, 



Bilgewater Katarina (Featuring Jason Mamoa (Khal Drogo, Aquaman) because even though I have amazing shots of this cosplay, I love this photo most),



High Command Katarina, 



Slay Belle Katarina,


and Warring Kingdoms Katarina!

 I also did a Battle Bunny Katarina!


 
I even DJ'd at Neko Nation as Katarina in not only Melbourne, but also Sydney,



I entered a competition run by Riot (League creators) as Katarina and won a trip to Sydney to be Katarina at their official event, 


I even got a Katarina related tattoo!


It's safe to say, my 2015 had a theme. But I didn't just cosplay her, I also cosplayed Firecracker Jinx, 

 
Gothic Orianna,

 
Nurse Akali,


and a non-League of Legends cosplay, Meme-chan from the ME!ME!ME! music video.




That was my 2015, my 2016 was totally different. I steered away from the LoL cosplays and returned to my anime loving cosplays. 
Some of which I shot were Hana from ME!ME!ME!, 



Saeko Busujima from Highschool of the Dead, 

 
and Madoka from Madoka Magica.



Shortly after the last photo shoot, I returned to Tokyo! It was just as amazing the second time, if not more. I got to see more species of Penguins,Magelanic and African, 




I finally got to go to my favourite Harajuku fashion brand's store (milklim),



And it was so magical there, the staff working their were so nice and even took photos of my coord and shibe tattoos to post online on the official milklim accounts.



I actually got to see Mt Fuji this time, and not just cloud.


All while wearing this cute ensemble!


I also got to see some beautiful cherry blossoms~~


When I came back to Australia, I started at a Japanese Language school! I've always wanted to learn the language properly so I'm super glad that I finally got onto it. (And I'm still there too yay!)


I didn't cosplay much when I got back from Japan, but when I went to see Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) and Travis Fimmel (Ragnar Lothbrok), I threw a couple costumes together:

Daenerys with Joffrey at Supanova Melbourne,


Babydoll and Ragnar at Supanova Sydney. (Yes I drove all the way there just to meet him!)

 
 In June of that year, I got to see my darling idol Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in concert for the third time~ But this time, in Melbourne! (Home!)

 
And I got to meet her, again! (With Pamyu again too!)


I made the Ninjari Bang Bang dress for the occasion too.


Shortly after Kyary, I went and saw the amazing Melanie Martinez! 
 


She was amazing.

Another cosplay I threw together last year was a Suicide Squad Harley Quinn! I bleached my hair the night before the shoot.. You know what they say about the crazy ones.

 
And lastly but certainly not least, I got to do a photo shoot with the super talented Neil Creek! We shot my handmade (and hand sewn) Elizabeth Comstock cosplay from Bioshock Infinite. It was a truly amazing experience..


So that's where I've been and what I've been up to for the last 2 years! Just some fun, busy stuff that I enjoyed a lot. I'll probably end up doing separate blog posts about some of the things from these past years in more detail, but for now, I hope you enjoyed reading about my adventures!


Photo of my kitten (Garfield) for added cuteness.
 
Soon, I'll post some reviews on some websites where I get some of my cutest stuff from! So look forward to that because it'll be full of info and totally honest so you can decide whether you wanna shop these stores too.


Thank you for reading,
until next time, take care! 

See more photos of my cosplays on my facebook page and Deviant Art~
Facebook.com/kateeeysmileee
 
Photo credits:

All anime photos are taken by MFM Photography, as well as Firecracker Jinx.

New Dawn & Slay Belle Katarina (with edits by Raquel Sparrow) photos by SnaphappyIan.

Mercenary, Kitty Cat, Sandstorm, and Battle Bunny Katarina, and Gothic Orianna photos are by Some Randoms Photography.

Nurse Akali and Red Card Katarina photos are by Jasmin Nora Cosplay.

Harley Quinn photo is by Tim Souter Photography.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete